Trying to find the perfect vacation spot for a family vacation is difficult. Most family vacations are full of big crowds, loud activities, and way too little down time. During one of our summers in Minnesota, we spent a week at a unique island resort, Ludlow’s Island and here are the 16 reasons why you should visit it with your family too!
Ludlow’s Island Resort offers a family vacation is that completely opposite of that. At Ludlow’s Island Resort you will experience the quiet solitude of Northern Minnesota without the crowds and without the crazy itinerary that fills up virtually every second of your day. But don’t worry- you won’t be without things to do there. Here are 15 reasons why Ludlow’s Island Resort is the perfect spot for a family vacation.
16 Reasons Ludlow’s Island Resort is the Perfect Family Vacation Spot
1. Ludlow’s Island Resort is so far up north that you won’t encounter any crowds
2. The island is small and private, owned by the family
3. The Ludlow’s Resort is located on an island, where only guests are allowed, which means kids can roam free.
4. You get around the resort by boat
5. There are more fun activities than one can fit into a vacation
6. One word: Over the lake Tarzan Line ( that’s actually 5 words)
7. Families return to the resort every year so you get to make friends that you will see again
8. They have a huge playground, with a basketball hoop, a swing and a table tennis
9. Ludlow’s Resort has an island dog, which in itself is way cool
10. You live in a private unique cabin with its own boat dock and a boat
11. They have every water sport imaginable. For free.
12. There’s a separate cabin for a sauna, which on some cold Minnesota days is very necessary.
13. Every day there are organized kids activities at the beach, like s’mores, contests and sports
14. Ludlow’s Island Resort is located near wolf and bear centers
15. Sunsets here are unreal
16. And so is the star watching. You won’t find a better night sky anywhere else
Ludlow’s Island Resort offers the amenities that families want as well as the low-key vacation that they didn’t even know they needed. We loved spending a few days there- it really allowed us to reconnect as a family and enjoy each other’s company versus our typical go, go, go type of vacations. Seeing this part of the United States is quiet an experience, and you don’t really realize how beautiful it is unlike you take a few minutes to stop and look around.
Read more about things to do at Ludlow’s Island Resort
Ludlow’s Island Resort in Minnesota in Photos
Minnesota Cabins at Ludlow’s Island Resort
Ludlow’s Island Resort in Minnesota and Cabin Life in Photos
Our Lives Beyond Travel
Like our travel stories? Check out our day to day life on our family blog, Every Avenue Life
ENJOYED THIS? CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
• Get our updates: sign up here
• Facebook: Our Little Voyages
• Instagram: OurLittleVoyages | EveryAvenueLife | LexiPlaytime
• YouTube: EveryAvenueLife | PlayTime with Lexi
• Pinterest: OurLittleVoyages | EveryAvenueLife